Closing Breakfast – 2018
The Managing Director is the general contact for the Kick & Push Festival (K&P) for staff, volunteers, student hires and the general public. This position acts as the overall administrator of festival operations. In conjunction with the other senior staff, the Managing Director is responsible for reporting to the Kingston Theatre Alliance (KTA) on the execution of all activities of the festival.
- Reports to the Artistic Producer
- Supervises student hires, admin assistant(s) and Volunteer Coordinator
- Constant contact with other staff positions
- Contact with venue, funding and other support partners
- Collaborates on the writing of the final grant reports required for the 2019 season in conjunction with the Artistic Producer
- Sources new funding opportunities through partnerships
- Oversees program sales administration
- Administers and records all incoming invoices and outgoing payments.
- Administers bi-weekly payroll, honorariums or other artistic fees and ensures prompt and accurate processing, working with the KTA bookkeeper.
- Oversees and manages the day to day operations of the festival including the regular back-up of data, proper organization of information, archiving of promotional materials, feedback, testimonials, images and materials, keeping physical copies of contracts and important documents and setting up systems for others to easily access the information.
- Assists the KTA Artistic Producer with the processing of artist contracts and facility rentals.
- Works with the Marketing Director, Festival Production Manager(s) and Board Members to ensure a master list of sponsors, volunteers and participants is kept up to date.
- Coordinates the logistics of patron events, receptions and parties including opening nights, festival launch, appreciation party and festival wrap up.
- Ensures the safe operation of all office equipment including liaison with service departments as needed and accounts for all office supplies and maintain stocks.
- Investigates and recommend new equipment systems for a smoother running office environment (postal machine, photocopier, phone system etc.)
- Supervises office staff, administrative volunteers and co-op students.
- Assisting the Artistic Producer with the sourcing and managing accommodations as needed for the festival as well as meeting the needs of all contracted artists.
- Responsible for the creation of a Final Festival 2019 Report, to be created in conjunction with the Artistic Producer, other staff, board members, volunteers, and organizational partners.
- Other duties as required.
- Manages the relationship with the venues in relation to production contracts, ticketing information, and rental contracts to ensure all the information is correct, complete and distributed in a timely manner.
- Assists the Artistic Producer with Liaison with the major partners of KTA after the partnership agreements have been signed, ensuring completion of deliverables and strengthening of relationships on both ends.
- Liaison with the Grand Theatre Box Office, Front of House Managers and site event coordinators during the festival for regular updates in tandem with the Production Managers.
- Works with the Marketing Director to execute marketing and audience development plans in consultation with all marketing partners.
- Analyzes sales and contribution trends, patron feedback and competitive activity, and shares findings with senior staff, Board, marketing and audience development staff on a regular basis
- In conjunction with the Artistic Producer, sets pricing for all productions, lectures, readings and special events. Sets discounts and premium pricing policies.
The ideal candidate will possess experience in project management, particularly in regards to arts festivals, strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, a willingness to take on diverse tasks, proficiency in MS office and availability to work evenings and weekends when required. A valid Ontario G Driver’s License, and fluency in French are considered advantageous.
Dates: May 1st – September 1st, 2019
Hours: Part-time throughout May & June. Increasing to full time July & August.
To apply: Please send a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Festival Administrator”
For more information: please email email@example.com
Application Deadline: April 27th, 2019
Innovation. Excellence. Opportunity.